1. “I still buy actual books. The smell, having it in your hands – there’s really no substitute.”
Fillion has always been a fan of books and reading.
In fact he loves them so much that he’s the cofounder of Kids Need to Read, a nonprofit that provides books to underfunded schools and libraries.
2. “I’m the biggest geek of all. Adventure, fantasy, comic books – I can’t get enough.”
Embracing his geeky roots has ironically made him one of the, dare we say, coolest guys in the business.
3. “Oh, boy. I’m still in touch with about 90 percent of my exes. They would describe me as being unlucky in love.”
We’re sure that about 100% of the female fans of Castle and Firefly would gladly let him buy them a drink.
4. “I don’t expect anybody to know who I am.”
How can you not love a guy as unpretentious as Nathan Fillion?
5. “I like to say there’re certain things you can’t take back: One of them is ‘I love you,’ and one of them is bullets.”
He’s big on manners (and gun safety).
6. “I think I’ve been really good at surrounding myself with really talented people. I’ve picked the right coattails to ride on.”
Even though he’s reached celebrity status, he never forgets where he came from and how he got where he is today.
7. “I’ve got a fantastic life. I enjoy what I do for a living. I see the blessings; I’m not blind.”
With all the whining from other celebs about how hard their lives are, it’s refreshing to see a guy who doesn’t take it all for granted.
8. “Basically, after an ABC sitcom I did, I ended up with a holding deal with 20th Century Fox. Absolutely cool. It pays you to be unemployed. And the bigger the entity that gives you the deal, the better.”
Nathan Fillion has achieved every couch potato’s dream. Even Homer Simpson looks up to this guy.
9. “I got amazing training both with Theatre Sports… back in Edmonton, Alberta – I can’t give those people enough credit – and the daytime drama I did. Incredible training, both of them.”
Just like fellow Canadian celebrity Drake, Nathan Fillion started at the bottom, and now he’s here.
10. “I love what I do. And why not be nice? I mean, I’ve seen people who work and they’re apparently not enjoying it, and they’re making sure everybody knows it.”
Nathan Fillion proves that nice guys can (and do) finish first.